I didn't realize the Goodyears were so bad!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwhound

Reaction score
So I took my '06 in for regular service and talked to the service people about how loud my truck was while driving. After taking a test drive with me they determined it was the stock Goodyears. They have cupped and needed to be replaced. The truck only has 38000km on it so I was a little surprised at this but not entirely given the experiences of everyone else here with the GYs.
The service person told me that LR would warranty the cost of two of the tires up to 32000km. I guess I'm a little ****** that these crappy tires wore out so fast but not surprised. I do have to give the dealership some credit for trying to keep me happy. The ended up offering me the warranty on the two tires even though my truck has 38000km and they upgraded the tires to the Michelin Synchromes. I still had to pay for two of the tires and an alignment but I guess that's somewhat fair.
I picked up the truck last night and OH MY GOD what a difference!! This seems like a brand new truck. There is no noise while driving at all. I didn't realize how much noise was coming from the stock GYs. I still can't beleive how crappy those stock tires are.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you got a great deal on those synchrones! nice.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, wish my dealership was at least a little helpful about the same problem, but nothin. Actually LRNA didn't give a crap either. Oh well, totally worth it to have a nice ride back. you're right, the difference is nothing short of astounding. (Michelin cross terrains here)

iwhound

Reaction score
I have to say that I've never had to go to LRNA. My dealer has done a good job addressing the concerns I had. I've had new seat leather put on the drivers side, stereo and all speakers replaced (rattling passenger side speaker) and now the tire deal. It has taken a little gentle pushing from me, very politely but firmly and I feel they have done their best to satisfy me.
I do have to thank everyone on this board for sharing their information and experiences because I have been able to talk much more knowledgably about possible fixes and the fact that most of my concerns are known to LRNA. Thanks to everyone.

Outside of the usual annoyances, I'm very happy with the truck and the service I've received.

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been seeing alot of lower front ball joints go as well. kinda feels like an inner tie rod but sure as **** its the lower. chew the tires in the front up.

but no it doesnt affect the rears, thats just the bushings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink