I want to Overhaul/renew my LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salah

Reaction score
I have 2006 Land Rover LR3 V8-4394cc 4.4L I bought in Oman, Muscat (where I am living).
The car has done 300,000 KM and I would like to fully “renew and overhaul”.
I would like to perform the following where necessary or advisable:
1. Full inspection for the below:
a. Engine
b. AC
c. Hydralics
d. Hoses
e. Electrical wires, components, equipment’s
f. Instrument wires, components, equipment’s
g. Braking systems
h. Transmission systems
i. Computer function ability
j. 4WD/Off road systems.
k. Fuel Systems
l. Others
2. Prepare full report and listing of required repair/renewal/overhaul of above with materials and price breakdown against each items with standard time frame for each item
3. Perform the required repair/renewal/overhaul where advised by me, on the agreed price and time frame
4. All parts shall be of OEM or equivalent standard, similarly the procedures adopted for handling the above.
Could you advise where and how I can perform the above, I don’t trust to get this done in Oman either with dealer or any other garage due to the lack of expertise and proper workmanship.
I am prepared to ship the vehicle to the selected destination should that be the best available option……..

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Search for local indy shops in either Dubai or Kuwait. Not sure what the dealer reputations are like over there but try those too. Good luck.

Salah

Reaction score
Thanks goinsurf, Dubai little better than in Oman, but not too sure about the capabilities overthere for the kind of overhaul I have in mind, as LR3 market is pretty narrow overthere, same is in Kuwait....

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an ever growing list of spares / part numbers, as well as a contact over there that sells Land Rover parts. Drop me a line if you want, so I can e-mail you. Don't forget the suspension, Dampers, etc. Big project, should be fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM