IIDTool EAS max value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need for the Pro at all. Like Umberto said, it is VIN-unlocked for working on multiple vehicles.

I have the IID Tool Bluetooth version myself and while I will say it is handy, Bluetooth is by no means necessary at all. The default on-screen display works perfectly fine.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need for the Pro at all. Like Umberto said, it is VIN-unlocked for working on multiple vehicles.

I have the IID Tool Bluetooth version myself and while I will say it is handy, Bluetooth is by no means necessary at all. The default on-screen display works perfectly fine.

How well does it pair via bluetooth? I was thinking of getting the bluetooth but the pairing concerns me. Especially if its going to screw up my LR4 phone pairing every time I use it. :hello:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the phone. You need to have BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), aka BT Smart or BT 4.0 or higher, on your phone or tablet. All the latest iPhones and iPads use that standard, but many Android phones and tablets still don't. If you handset is compatible, pairing is immediate and, in my experience anyway, rock steady. If you have an iPad you will see the most benefits from the interface and companion app, as you get lots of additional info (if you get a fault code for example, you can touch the code on the app to get a more thorough explanation of what it means in English, instead of a cryptic alphanumeric string), you can email yourself files and codes, you can see graphic representations of certain live tests, etc. The Android interface is somewhat more crude, but the app is quickly catching up with iOS at each new release version.

The BT interface could open the door for an even more sophisticated and easier to use app in the future as the guys at Gap add more features to it without the forced hardware and software limitations of the self standing module w/o Bluetooth, which is why I would recommend spending the extra money for the BT version, if you can wing it.

Last edited:

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the phone. You need to have BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), aka BT Smart or BT 4.0 or higher, on your phone or tablet. All the latest iPhones and iPads use that standard, but many Android phones and tablets still don't. If you handset is compatible, pairing is immediate and, in my experience anyway, rock steady. If you have an iPad you will see the most benefits from the interface and companion app, as you get lots of additional info (if you get a fault code for example, you can touch the code on the app to get a more thorough explanation of what it means in English, instead of a cryptic alphanumeric string), you can email yourself files and codes, you can see graphic representations of certain live tests, etc. The Android interface is somewhat more crude, but the app is quickly catching up with iOS at each new release version.

The BT interface could open the door for an even more sophisticated and easier to use app in the future as the guys at Gap add more features to it without the forced hardware and software limitations of the self standing module w/o Bluetooth, which is why I would recommend spending the extra money for the BT version, if you can wing it.

Always on the latest iPhone so I think ill go bluetooth... good feedback.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, Surfrider is correct. I am only looking for a temporary lift. And I have the BT model and glad that I do. I am sure the other interface works great but I do find the BT interface very easy to use.

kalR

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread. Can anyone please clarify the following for me?

Before you increase the suspension height of your LR4, whether it's 25 or 50mm, don't you need to verify what the max value your LR4 can handle? Or is 25mm or 50mm considered to be within the range of any LR4? How would I check what my LR4s limits are? Is it through calibration of each corner?

This is my need. I want to be able to raise height by 2 inches when going off-roading and set it back to stock settings after.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Each car has it's own limits, with the max theoretical being 50mm. There is a write up that came with my IID Tool to get your value. I know mine is 47mm. It's been well over a year since I did the procedure, so my memory is vague. As I said though, you should have it in the instructions.

Good thing is, it is a one time procedure to learn what the max value is. It's smooth sailing once you store your presets.

Silmarillion

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed info on this tool! How mud did y'all get yours for and where?

Asking from Georgia.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72