IIDTool for LR4 - When???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im experimenting with the towing and tow stability assist right now.:biggrin:

Anyone know if the little trailer icon is on the LR4 like it was on the LR3?
Yes it is. You have to get the ccf turned on by the dealer, and then the light comes on when you connect the trailer electrics. I have the vision assist, so there's a whole set-up screen for the trailer type and stuff. The latest version of the IIDTool still doesn't have the ccf option to turn on the trailering package though.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought so going to go try a different trailer today, as it didn't work with my boat trailer.

It's still in the works. I believe Patrick gave me the option only at this time.

Last edited:

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought so going to go try a different trailer today, as it didn't work with my boat trailer.

They do have the trailer stuff just not on the current update. I used the IIDtool to change the files last night. It's still in the works.
I'll have to check again. I updated the firmware this week and didn't see it. I'll check again. I specifically looked for it and didn't find it. Huh? Anyway, if you have the trailering package on, you should definitely see the icon.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be awesome if you can check your BCM setting an let me know what they are...?

I will send you a pm with my settings!

Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received the bluetooth version. So excited to play with it!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received the bluetooth version. So excited to play with it!
I just got mine last week - it's awesome. I set my 3 suspension settings within the save/restore feature. Once you do the calibration, then you can raise the suspension up and see how much it allows you - that will be your max. Here is how I did my 3 settings:

1) While in standard/normal height, I did "Save My Setting 1" (this will be my normal setting for regular driving).

2) I then raised the vehicle +Xmm and then "Save My Setting 2" (this will be my off-road setting).

3) I then brought it back to standard/normal height by "Restore Setting 1" and then lower the vehicle by -20mm (for highway driving) and then "Save My Setting 3".

This is an easy way to have the 3 common settings saved and able to be restored quickly.

Let me know if you have any questions, as I have been playing with it a bit.

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine last week - it's awesome. I set my 3 suspension settings within the save/restore feature. Once you do the calibration, then you can raise the suspension up and see how much it allows you - that will be your max. Here is how I did my 3 settings:

1) While in standard/normal height, I did "Save My Setting 1" (this will be my normal setting for regular driving).

2) I then raised the vehicle +Xmm and then "Save My Setting 2" (this will be my off-road setting).

3) I then brought it back to standard/normal height by "Restore Setting 1" and then lower the vehicle by -20mm (for highway driving) and then "Save My Setting 3".

This is an easy way to have the 3 common settings saved and able to be restored quickly.

Let me know if you have any questions, as I have been playing with it a bit.

-David

How do you access these saved setting? Only through the BT device?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they are available with a non-Bluetooth enabled IIDTool as well, just scroll the menu to the Settings Save / Restore option.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they are available with a non-Bluetooth enabled IIDTool as well, just scroll the menu to the Settings Save / Restore option.
Yep. I see it on the BT and on the dash display. It makes things a lot easier to change suspension modes. Just remember one thing, and this is probably more obvious (but I was a bit of a ditz), anytime you increase or decrease, to get back to stock, you need to do the same number in reverse. I was a bit confused because when I went to "Adjust All" it would be zero.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635