Imagine paying $60,000 for a car that doesn't drive straight.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

auxny

I recently purchased a brand new LR3. During the test drive the car was pulling to the right and the salesman said the tires were overinflated so they won't develop flat spots while on the lot. I purchased the car. The car was prepped for me.The car only had 50 miles on the odometer. I drove the car home and noticed the car still pulling to the right. I brought the car in and they aligned it for me. I took the car home and it still wanted to go to the right. I called the dealer and was told to bring it in again. I brought the car in and before I left I called my salesman and asked him to personally make sure the car was fixed. He assured me the car would be taken care of. Just got the car back today and to my surpise the car still pulls to the right.
Before I left the dealer he actually said to me that it is normal for the car to go to the right! Was he on drugs? No car on the road today is designed to pull to the right. I also drive a 2003 Toyota highlander with 85000 miles guess what I paid $24000 and it doesnt pull to the right. I've called several other Land Rover service dept's and they said that is not normal. Between the stress, the time, the gasoline it's costing me a ton of money to have a car that is supposed to have such a great reputation.

qwertmonkey

Reaction score
As you obviously know, it is not normal. You should go to the dealer and demand that it be fixed. They are required to fix things like that for a vehicle that is under warranty.

Also, request that you go along with the salesman after they claim it is "fixed." That way, if its not fixed, he can't lie to you.

A

auxny

Going back to the dealer

By PA Lemon Laws they have one more chance to fix it then they have to purchase back the vehicle. I will be back in the dealership Monday.

S

schafari

Before you get to excited, you may want to ensure the degree of pull is not normal. Many European models have a very slight pull to the right so that the car naturally veers away from on-coming traffic. Every Audi I have owned did this, as does the LR3 slightly. In addition, roads are crowned in the center, and are lower on the right side of the car. The LR3 platform is extremely rigid and the LR3 tracks very well. It may be accuratly doing what it was designed and built to do.

However, this is only a slight pull, and is not a quick lane change type of thing.

A

auxny

My Rover Must be special

The loaner vehicles they gave me don't go to the right. I personally called several Land Rover Service departments and they all told me it is not normal for the truck to pull to the right. The reason this has gone as far as it did is the dealership is trying to take the cheap route. They thought it was the aligment so they did the alignment and let it go. Then they thought it was the tires so they crossed the tires instead of replacing them and let it go. At this point it should have been road tested to assure it was going staight. I can't imagine a car company building a car that doesn't drive straight. Insurance companies would have a field day.

S

schafari

If the loan vehicles don't pull to the right, and the service depts. you called all say that your LR3 shouldn't pull to the right, why do you keep saying that the car company (Land Rover) can't build a car that drives straight. . .

Although a frusterating problem to have I am sure, it sounds like is is your car that doesn't drive straight, and may not have anything to do with LR the company. If the other dealers you called say it shouldn't pull, maybe have them take a crack at it.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
auxny,

Which PA dealer are you working with? As mentioned above, you may want to try another dealer.

You may also want to contact LRNA. While they will simply direct you to the dealer for repair, at least they should also follow up and ensure it is resolved, and will contact the dealer too with a case #.

fwiw, I had a similar issue that was resolved by swapping the left and right front wheels.

Last edited:
A

auxny

Rover Guru

I was being sarcastic. When you go to a dealer and they can't fix the problem so they tell you the car is supposed to drive that way, it's pathetic. I dropped off my car today and picked up a loaner. The loaner has 3500 miles on it and it drives straight. When you walk into a Land Rover Dealer you expect to pay more for your car, but you also expect to get more. Your supposed to get superior service and things should be fixed right the first time. I would disagree with anyone that says companies would build there cars to drive to the right or left. Insurance companies would not insure cars that swerve left or right. Imagine driving down the road and your car swerves into the car next to you because thats the way it was designed.

A

auxny

Landy Man

I didn't try another dealer because the Lemon Laws don't say I should go from dealer to dealer. And if you think about it should I really have to go searching for someone to fix a new car??? If that was the case I should of bought a Hyundai.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auxny, you are completely right, and your dealer is unaguably and inexcusably wrong. But don't ***** to us about it. Fix it!

Talk to the GM of your dealership. If that doesn't solve it, call Land Rover Customer Service and report the dealer's silly shena****ns.

My bet is that the GM of your dealer will make it right, but you got to give that person the opportunity by contacting them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635