Imagine paying $60,000 for a car that doesn't drive straight.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

auxny

Way ahead of you!!!!!

The dealer currently has the car(3rd. visit). I've spoke to the GM of service and sales. I've spoke to LR NA and have already filed a complaint with BBB requesting buy back of vehicle. Other than all that I don't think I have any other options.

A

auxny

Buyer Beware

After the 3rd. visit the car was accidentally repaired. When I dropped it off I also told them the brakes just started squeaking. The dealer replaced the brake pads and then the car drove straight. No apologies from them were given. They could care less. My Land Rover purchased felt like I bought a used 1973 Coronet. Next time I will buy Toyota.

S

schafari

No offense, but one reason I think dealerships becom callous and cold to customers, is stuff like this. No doubt it sounds like you had a less than perfect new car experience. That just sucks. However, to file a complaint with the BBB? That sounds a bit extreme doesn't it?

For what it is worth, I have bought a new 2005 Honda Odyssey, and it has had more problems and frusteration with the dealership than Land Rover. I make no excuses for your dealership at all, but you may be coming across a bit over the top here. Remember, the dealership is their to sell a product and make a profit for the shareholders that own that dealership. They are not there to "take care of us." Fact of life, except for Lexus perhaps.

Again, I don't want to discount your dissatisfaction, but geez, you sure took it to the max really quick. A vehicle buy-back cause the car pulled to the right. . . Only went to a single dealer. . . Dealer have you a Land Rover loaner every time. . .

A

auxny

No such thing as over the top

Sorry but that is all dealers understand. If I would have gone to different dealers it wouldn't be kosher. The lemon laws dont specify that you are supposed to go to 20 different dealers to repair a brand new car. And unless you inherited your money you probably couldnt understand. If i was driving down the road and my car swerved to the right and killed my family do you believe the dealer would take responsibility??? Don t think so. I am one person of thousands of people that have problems with there cars. The difference is I knew the car was not functioning properly. What about other customers who are not so lucky and dont know any better. They get stuck driving cars that are hazards. They believe everything dealers say. It all comes down to I should not have 1 single problem with that car. They sure didnt have problems cashing my check.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
auxny, did you do any research on this vehicle before you bought???
I think most of us knew that this was a quirky vehicle before purchase, and I knew the customer service blew long before I pulled the trigger. But do yourself a favor
and take your LR3 up into the hills, or out to the desert and I think you will uderstand
why we put up with all the crap. Good luck..

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yourself (and us) a favor and take your LR3 up into the hills, or out to the desert and I think you will understand...and please stay there until you do :)

LOL, just having a little fun. As you know from my PM, I agree with Schafari. Yeah, your dealer was inexplicably and inexcusabily stupid with you, but there are things you could have done differently also.

Let's hope that permagrin starts for you soon. And seriously, take your truck out into the dirt. It's like getting double value for your money!

A

auxny

Nope not a Lawyer

I believe in the premise you should get what you pay for. I didn't do any research about the customer service. But I did research the truck and it got rave reviews. Maybe the truck itself is a great truck but everything that comes from the factory is not perfect. Believe it or not my truck is pulling to the right again. At this point I have put 600 miles on the truck driving it back and forth to the dealer, $100 in gas, plus tolls and my wasted time. Should I have to go threw this. The fist two times I went to the dealer the dealer made repairs but never bothered to test drive the vehicle after the repairs. I didn't buy the car for its off road capability. I have a friend with the same truck and it drives straight. Maybe mine is a Limited edition right turn model????

A

auxny

I am really curious as to how else should I have handled it. Did I not give the dealer enougth time to repair the problem? How many chances should I have given them 20-100?

A

auxny

I have owned 4 different toyota trucks in the last 20 years about 1 every 5 years. I have never ever had to bring the trucks back for anything other that scheduled maintenance. And I put alot of mileage on my trucks. I am not saying all Land Rover cars suck. I am saying this one really has problems and the dealer cant fix them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635