Independent Service Shops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know people generally cringe at the thought of going to a local garage to get service done on their vehicle, but there's a pretty good shop here in town that services Mercedes, BMWs, Land Rovers, Jaguars, etc. My mother-in-law (now that's a recommendation) and a buddy of mine who has a Disco swears by them. I used them this morning to get a brake light replaced (in and out in five minutes and they did it free-of-charge).

My question is this: Can these shops, if certified, do warranty and/or service work on Land Rovers without invalidating the warranty? The closest LR dealership for me is 45 minutes away, and why bother if this guys knows his stuff.

My experiences with Land Rover dealership is that they're pretty loose with fixing things 100%. This seems like a solid alternative to the 48-hour waits and "maybe" fixes. Plus, I can walk there from my house. I just worry that things like the software updates and what not will not be covered.

X

xcursion

A shop that does good work is hard to find. If you ask me, the quality of the work performed is far more important than the sign posted outside. But I doubt LRNA will warrant any work they do on your truck. I would use them for small jobs while have the LR dealers perform the warranty service and the computer stuff.

qwertmonkey

Reaction score
Amazingly, I talked to my salesman about this today. He said you can take a Land Rover any where you want. The cost will only be covered under warranty at a certified Land Rover dealer.

So, go ahead and take it to the place that your mother-in-law recommended. But, chances are, you'll have to pay.

ashtoo

Reaction score
I live in Fremont, CA (East Bay Area), and looking for independent Land Rover repair shop, anybody know??? please help, any info would be appreciate it. Thank you.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In SoCal, I have had my truck serviced at WestCoastRovers.com, InlandRovers.com, and OC-Rovers.com (I like to spread my business around and support all the shops who sponsor my club). I have had excellent service and prices from all of them.

BLeever

Reaction score
That's good to know. I just brought my LR3 in to West Coast Rovers for an "unknown" problem. I will let you know how things went.

Auburn92

Reaction score
Anyone know of an independent LR shop in Mobile, AL or Pensacola Fl?

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can service your vehicle pretty much anywhere by service i mean brakes and oil services and stuff like that, things that are common as long as you keep your records and stuff. then you would go to the dealer for lets say a failed transmission, or a blown engine then you would bring your service records with you showing you maintained the vehicle properly and thats pretty much it.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HEY GUYS MY NAMES FRANKY I AM A LANDROVER TECHNICIAN WITH 8 YEARS UNDER MY BELT AT LAND ROVER MISSION VIEJO. I DECIDED TO EXPAND MY KNOWLEDGE IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY AND HAVE PARTNERED UP WITH MY FRIEND AND OPERATE AS AND INDEPENDENT CURRENTLY SERVICING LAMBORGHNI , LAND ROVER, FERRARI , BENTLY , ASTON MARTIN , BMW , MERCEDES , MASARATI. WE ARE LOCATED IN ORANGE COUNTY. I CAN HONESTLY SAY YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED WITH MY WORK AND GREAT PRICES I USE ONLY FACTORY PARTS AND PASS THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU ( I DIDNT WORK FOR A DEALERSHIP FOR THAT LONG AND NOT HAVE ANY HOOKUPS) VISIT US AT RAGING BULL PERFORMANCE OR GIVE US A CALL IF YOU JUST HAVE QUESTIONS I WILL HELP YOU OUT WITH WHAT EVER YOU NEED. WWW.RAGINGBULL-PERFORMANCE.COM 888-289-1588 LOCATED AT 986 W.17TH ST COSTA MESA CA 92627

Auburn92

Reaction score
you can service your vehicle pretty much anywhere by service i mean brakes and oil services and stuff like that, things that are common as long as you keep your records and stuff. then you would go to the dealer for lets say a failed transmission, or a blown engine then you would bring your service records with you showing you maintained the vehicle properly and thats pretty much it.

I understand that, but i'm looking for someone to establish a relationship with for more LR specificic issues. Such as right now, my back lower hatch will not open. My concern is it has to do with water intrusion with the wiring running under the floor since my drains sunroof drains were clogged and I had a couple of gallons of water in my truck after a heavy storm.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99