Installed 4 New Michelin Latitude Tour HP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jazzy_james

Reaction score
I just had 4 new Latitude Tour HPs installed on my LR3 HSE. Huge difference from oem Goodyear tires. They are so quiet and smooth. Worth every penny.

However, my local shop where I normally go for service for my beater cars took forever to start installing these tires. First off, they couldn't start taking the wheels off until they turned off the air suspension prior to jacking up my LR3. What is that all about? They finally figured it out and had to do one wheel at a time by jacking up one corner at a time. Thus, they couldn't have 2 guys working on it at the same time. I needed them to hurry since I was late for an appointment. But after 3 hours (mostly waiting for them to start) they finally got them all installed. Does that make sense to anyone???

Btw, is there any specific rotation for these Latittude tires? There's no spec on the tires indicating the right direction. I'm only concern is one side of the LR3 is going one way and the other side is going the other way based on the tread pattern of the tires.

Time to find another local shop??? I'm disappointed since this was my first time away from the LR dealership.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to find another tire shop. A floor jack under the a-arm is all you need to mitigate any effect of the long travel air suspension.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local America's Tire uses two floor jacks to lift the truck under the cross member, one on each end of truck.

mhb907

Reaction score
I bought a set of Michelin Latitude Tour HPs from Costco. Costco’s installed price was a little more than the base tire price (without shipping, installation, and old tire disposal) from The Tire Rack. In addition, Costco’s price includes “lifetime” tire rotation and balancing.
They are clearly an improvement versus the stock tires... I took a day trip Anza Borrego State Park and the tires performed well. No problem in the deep sand or the steep (but smooth) hill climbs.

jazzy_james

Reaction score
thanks for the replys. definitely not taking my cars back to them.

The Latitude is indeed non-directional so my concern is unwarranted. The times I driven on these tires I'm kicking myself why I didn't get these tires earlier. Quiet and smooth. Makes the LR3 feel like a new car again. But due note that my old Goodyear were worn down unevenly due to the common alignment issue with the LR3. I had that fixed last year but was waiting until now to get new tires.

Going into the dealership for an 4 wheel alignment again this coming Thursday to make sure this set last a lifetime. :biggrin: Bag of hurt since it will cost about $186 to do so. Ouch.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tire shop simply lifts the LR3 on their regular lift. When coming back down, it enters "extended mode" and can be lowered to normal height with the usual suspension toggle switch.

Is this a problem? Should I only lift at the A-arm or cross member and a floor jack? I've rotated the tires every 5K miles since new (~10 times so far) using this process without any noticeable issues with the EAS.

jazzy_james

Reaction score
My tire shop simply lifts the LR3 on their regular lift. When coming back down, it enters "extended mode" and can be lowered to normal height with the usual suspension toggle switch.

Is this a problem? Should I only lift at the A-arm or cross member and a floor jack? I've rotated the tires every 5K miles since new (~10 times so far) using this process without any noticeable issues with the EAS.

That is a good question. I will ask my Service Advisor on Thursday if he knows...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use the stock jack at the jacking points on the frame rails. I get the same result though...extended mode. I think it's normal.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a good question. I will ask my Service Advisor on Thursday if he knows...
Did you get chance to ask? I am going in Monday for an oil change, and will also ask the local SA or technician.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Shouldn't be a problem at all. You have sway bars that limit the amount of droop when all four are lifted off the ground.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink