Interior Cleaner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
What do you use to clean the dash/doors of your LR3?
I'm assuming it's a result of lots of skin contact since I always rest my arm by the window, but that area of the door has become kind of sticky. Not like gummy, but more like when you run your fingers across it...they don't really run.
You guys got any suggestions? Had any luck with anything?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are some specialty cleaners out there, but I find those Armor All all surface auto cleaners are good general tools to use when you don't have something specific.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd try some leather cleaner on that area. Then maintain it with regular dash cleaner/protectant. I use Surf City garage products, I think they work great!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that you run your LR3 through an automated car wash? That's disgusting...

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Griot's Interior cleaner on plastic\vinyl bits
Wolfgang's plastic/vinyle dressing
Wolfgang's leather cleaner
Wolfgang's leather conditioner
Griot's Carpet Cleaner

For really bad stains - Griot's pre-wax cleaner.

deckcer_mj

Reaction score
Interior plastic became sticky in spots

Just like the original poster said, on my 2008 LR3 where my elbow sits when driving and around the power window buttons the plastic interior's top coating seems to have deteriorated (rubbed away?) and is now sticky to the touch.

I have tried leather conditioners, thinking it would soak in and create a top layer, but it does not help at all.

Anyone else experienced this??

Any remedies??

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99