Intermitant ABS/TC/HDC Lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

Seth

Well, I officially own a Landy now. I have an intermitant ABS/TC/HDC light on my 99 Series II. I haven't a chance to take it to the dealer til friday next week, and was hoping that someone might have found a solution to this, seemingly common, problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Seth

T

tcosson

My 99 does the same thing, When I took it to Land Rover it wouldn't do it. When I was looking into an answer someone mentioned a shift lever on the transmission or maybe transfer case that wasn't hooked up to anything might have moved slightly. I'm thinking they were talking about the center differential lock, but am still out of the country and haven't had a chance to check it yet. Let us know what you find out.

D

discomike

Do you go out and get dirty 4wheeling on the weekends, have you recently replaced the brakes? These are 2 things that will cause the lights to kick on and off.
Mike J.

iznof

Reaction score
Mine just started doing this as well, could it be due to the brakes really needing replacement? The lights come on everytime if I have my foot on the brakes and then tap the gas at the same time...

S

Seth

I had no idea how many ABS recalls there were for the 99 Series II. I'm going to push the dealer a little when they read the T4....

Scheduled for Friday.

D

discomike

Abs warning lights won't come on if your brake pads are low, unless you are metal to metal and they would sence the metal vibration.
So why throw vacuum surges into the system, anybody knows you loose vacuum when your foot is on the brakes and the gas at the same time.
Mike J.

C

chuck21401

Our 99 Disco does this too. Occassionally under hard braking the three lights will come on and stay on until the truck is restarted. I was thinking that perhaps the ABS sensors were going bad. Dont the TC/HDC read the abs sensors to know when to activate? If so, then bad ABS sensors could trigger an error in the other systems?

D

discomike

Chuck,
What you describe is not real normal and yet it does happen. Two thoughts, how many miles on your brake fluid and do you have factory pads and rotors or aftermarket, what sort of shape are your rotors in, are they getting too thin or glazed?
All of the above will cause what you are experiencing.
Mike J.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem on a non-rover vehicle and it came down to the sensors being dirty. Clean the disks and the pick-up sensors. Should go away.

C

chuck21401

discomike said:
Chuck,
What you describe is not real normal and yet it does happen. Two thoughts, how many miles on your brake fluid and do you have factory pads and rotors or aftermarket, what sort of shape are your rotors in, are they getting too thin or glazed?
All of the above will cause what you are experiencing.
Mike J.

Service records indicate that the front and rear rotors and pads were done by the dealer at 76000 miles (truck now has 93000 miles) in November 2003. Records do not indicate a brake fluid change so that might be a good place to start. I have not inspected the rotors/pads myself yet; was thinking about taking it into the shop to check over the truck, including the brakes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635