Intermittent Ignition Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heypilch

Reaction score
It's only happened to me once, but it was quickly remedied...I just don't know how I did it:biggrin:

The guy that I bought this thing from told me that on a couple of occasions, when the vehicle was running (on the highway, I think he said) - the engine just quit. When he pulled over to try to restart it, it would turn but not kick over. There were dash lights & plenty of juice to the starter, but no spark.

Now, I knew of this problem when I bought it ('94 Disco V8, by the way). It's done it to me once since then. Here's how it went down:

I pulled into a gas station for gas (of course). I Filled the tank & resisted the urge to throw myself into traffic after seeing what the tank of gas had just cost me:rolleyes:

Anyway, I went to turn the key & the vehicle wouldn't kick over. I had all the dash lights & plenty of juice to the starter, but no fire.

I opened the hood & fiddled around with the coil. I didn't really do anything to it...none of the wires look loose & they're not disconnected. The coil does look pretty old though. I've got a new one on order.

What do you guys think? It's a really rare thing, but I bought this thing so that I could take my wife & kids out in the backcountry (I've got a Jeep that's a 2 seater trailer queen & it won't hold the family), but I'm reluctant to get them out there & have something like this happen.

Thanks in advance!!
Tim

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Per my request in your other post, please provide maintenance history.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo