iphone and bluetooth and message alerts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, if it exists I'm not seeing it. When the phone is hooked up with the car, phone calls come through and that's all great. But there is no noise from either phone or car when I get a text or email (or any other app). Truthfully, it's probably a good thing :smile: but I'd still like to know if it can be remedied.

Thanks

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have your phone connected as Bluetooth Audio, it should make all audible notifications through the speakers. However, if you have an iPod or whatever connected through the USB ports, then Bluetooth Audio is disabled automatically and you get no audible notifications through the vehicle. (With exception to phone calls)

At least, this is my experience with two different Samsung devices.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my iPhone, I have to manually swipe up from the screen, tap on the AirPlay icon, and choose iPhone to get notification sounds through my Phone. All calls still come through the car speakers. It's kinda annoying though.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give that a shot andyboy. Does sound like a bit of a hassle though.
Thanks!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, ever since the software of my Moto Droid Turbo (Verizon/Android) was updated to 5.1 Lollipop, incoming text messages that previously didn't "ring" through the car unless Bluetooth audio streaming was enabled (which in my car it almost never is as I have an old iPod constantly hooked up) now do, and I can even tell the phone to read my messages out loud over the car speakers and reply to them by dictating my return text via the car microphone. So, I guess it is possible, depending on your phone and the type of software installed on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9