Is 320 miles good on a tank in Los Angeles city driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive 90% in stop and go city traffic. I am getting 320 miles on my 2007 LR3. Is that decent mileage or I can do better?

Any tips on improving my mileage?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say it's typical for that kind of driving. Tips? I mean the usual stuff; check your tire pressure (I stay around 42 psi) and try to curb sudden accelerations...and decelerations too, since that would mean you didn't manage your energy well.

...but driving like that is no fun. If you really want great mileage you are driving the wrong vehicle.

Trynian

Reaction score
Sounds exceptionally good. If you are filling up 20 gallons you are getting 16 miles per gallon which I believe is what the mileage rating is.

About 285 is what I see also in LA traffic

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds exceptionally good. If you are filling up 20 gallons you are getting 16 miles per gallon which I believe is what the mileage rating is.

About 285 is what I see also in LA traffic

Tank is bigger though and of course it depends on how much she's filling it. Actual calculations are needed to be sure of anything but roughly 300+/- is about right for most people.

I can eek out 18-19 mpg on hwy trips when loaded or 20-21 if going on 2 lane 55 mph areas with few stops. I've had over 400 on a tank several times.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get about 285mi in Seattle - 90% stop and go.

Our chewed up pavement on I90 and I5 does not help but the slow speed limits do. Commuting UW area to Tacoma I'd get 21 mpg round trip at night with nobody to screw up my hypermiling ;)

schwaggy

Reaction score
Our chewed up pavement on I90 and I5 does not help but the slow speed limits do. Commuting UW area to Tacoma I'd get 21 mpg round trip at night with nobody to screw up my hypermiling ;)

I do 7 miles one-way to office from W Seattle to Queen Anne.
Some mornings it can take 45 minutes. :mad::eek::stupid:
Do the math...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...traffic sucks so bad in Seattle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM