Is Almond floor / door leather hard to keep clean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Just wondering if those that have the lighter interior have any issues with keeping them clean or rather removing the scuff marks that will obviously be more visible then on the ebony interior. My wife really likes the arabica interior on the new lux limited but my concern is with two kids, 2 and 4' the interior will get trashed and I won't be able to clean it. Are there any leather cleaners that anyone may have used to remove the almost inevitable shoe prints my son will leave when he trys to jump from the back to front seat to "drive with daddy"? Also, those of you that have the light interiors, do you find that the black rubber cargo mat and floor mats do the trick? I know this isn't really a tech question but i'm about to pull the trigger and my brain says stay away from the light interior but my heart says get the wifey what she really wants. Thanks guys . . .really appreciate your insight . . .this forum has been very educating and I can't wait to get our new lr4!

Last edited:

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my Discovery 4 for a year now and the almond/arabica interior is holding up very well. We have a 3 year old and a 5 month old and I got Brica front seat covers (they cover the back of the front seat) to avoid our 3-year-old to damage the back of the front seat. Other than that, we use water with mild soap to clean up footprints when they happen.

The black floor mats and cargo tray look fine and have saved the carpet from spills, dirt, mud and sand many times. One thing though: I got the back row mats that do not cover the center and i have had to scrub a couple of stains out. Get the mats that cover the center too.

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Thanks For your reply alexcorral. Anyone else have an opinion here...I can't be the only one with kids that's worried how the light interior will hold up.

Bueller .....Bueller.......Bueller

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Sgrodz,

I have the light interior and it stays pretty clean, though the cup holders on the bottom of the doors does get scuffed pretty easy. I found that using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works quite well in getting rid of a lot of scuff marks on various surfaces. I do not have any kids (yet), but I do have dogs and I cover my rear seats. Even though I don't care for the look, you may want to get some good seat covers, they will really keep the seat leather looking good. I tend to clean and condition my leather seats about once a month and that keeps them in near new condition. I know a few people who have the ebony interior and it appears a bit more able to take abuse than the lighter color.

A good compromise is to get the light interior, but tell your wife she needs to help keep it clean. :)

Good luck!

-David

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Thanks David. I actually put a deposit on the santorini black with Ebony leather today. I had the lux model right next to that special edition with the arabica and tan interior and although the arabica . ..hell, it's brown, I'm just gonna call it brown. ...but anyways, it's nice but it did feel like a lot of colors going on in there. That along with the fact that the interior was already kinda dirty from just gong through service sealed the deal. Plus, the black lux leather with the walnut wood trim is a great color combo. I'll post some pics once I pick it up . . Hopefully in a few days.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures. The ebony interior is very nice!

Regards, David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4