jacking LR4 under control arms????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped my car for tire rotation and balance. They had to rebalance after first attempt and do forced road balancing.. What I saw made me uncomfortable. They use 4 jacks to lift the car. They positioned the jacks near control arms. ***? I told them these were not jack points and asked them to use designated jack points in the future. In my case it is even easier since they can position a jack anywhere on rock sliders.
Am I oversensitive?

PS. Do you guys use factory spec. torque for lug nuts ( 98 lb ft) or a different value for compomotive wheels with AT tires?

Last edited:

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i jack the rear of my lr4 under the rear shock mount/control arm. the lowest point under the car. doing this will allow me to lift the wheel off the ground without having to jack the vehicle up about 2.5ft . the travel on the suspension is crazy long.

chinochulo

Reaction score
My car got jacked under the control arms for tire change and alignment. I freaked out at first but it turned out to be no big deal.

Causeway LR4

Reaction score
I bet the air gunned on the lug nuts on and then torqued them. That is my favorite move of the garage tire changing idiot.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the factory spec torque on my lug nuts for the Compomotives. What are others doing?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the factory spec torque on my lug nuts for the Compomotives. What are others doing?

Why would you use anything else? I mean, assuming that the wheels have the same geometry as OEM where it meets the hub and the lug nuts, then you shouldn't change the torque.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do use 98 lb ft for lug nuts. Just was surprised that discount tire had 101 lb ft listed in their computer. I asked them to put 98 but they said they could not under torque the lug nuts. I was told they got the specs. from Land Rover. Even when I said that the car' s manual asks for 98 they did not want to do this..
3 lb ft is not a big difference so not a big deal. Just went back home and torqued the wheels to 98.
Call me crazy. I am one of thase who read instructions which come with tbe stuff you buy.:stupid:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99