jeep lr3 news

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrysler needs some product hits, given the sad state of much of its line-up. Maybe that's why they're showing the 2011 Grand Cherokee so early. It's a lot roomier than the old GC, and fit and finish is on a totally different league. The optional height-adjustable suspension and "Select Terrain", with its electronic modes for different driving conditions, apes Land Rovers' Terrain Response system. :confused:

zgrmns

Reaction score
I actually got rid of a 2005 GC limited (Hemi) for my 2005 LR3, mainly because lack of room inside, not because of off-road capability. We have two big German Shepherds and the interior space of the GC made it difficult to transport the both of them. My GC was actually pretty capable off-road with the top of the line 4wd system. It also had more bells and whistles. In the end, I have no regrets. If they are doing away with the Commander, they will def need more interior space in the GC.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhhh, wow. This looks familiar!
http://www.jeep.com/en/2011/grand_cherokee/

fz7qqh.jpg

Well, it is nice to know there is a lower cost alternative out there if I want multiple driving modes and adjustable suspension but decide not to foot the bill for an LR4. Be interesting to see the trail reviews of this.

I'd like to see the full stats on horsepower, ground clearance, etc. They are claiming 22mpg highway, though, which is good. I would have like to see that on the LR4 (yes, I know...with a V6 they could have, but it takes more than a V6 to move 5000 lbs. of vehicle nicely.)

I still like my LR3, though. :)

Last edited:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doubt it has a 3rd row a 6'3" guy can fit in.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doubt it has a 3rd row a 6'3" guy can fit in.

I have to think for most people, the 3rd row is just a place to throw kids. Can't think of too many examples where even semi-regular use by an adult back there would occur, as if that was the case, you may as well buy a van since the 3rd row when deployed leaves you no storage space in the LR.

Not trying to be flippant, but it sounds like a week argument. :) Then again, I have a small family at the moment so I understand that my situation may be different. (but seriously, with ANY vehicle, I have never run into anybody who actually uses their 3rd row SUV for adults...)

It is one of the features on my truck that I think is cool, but have never used. I suppose, that also applies to my HDC! LOL

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well in my case my 6 year old daughter is far more discerning regarding her seating arrangement than any adult I know.

GreyMatter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually got rid of a 2005 GC limited (Hemi) for my 2005 LR3, mainly because lack of room inside, not because of off-road capability. We have two big German Shepherds and the interior space of the GC made it difficult to transport the both of them. My GC was actually pretty capable off-road with the top of the line 4wd system. It also had more bells and whistles. In the end, I have no regrets. If they are doing away with the Commander, they will def need more interior space in the GC.

they gave me a GC for a loner and an LR3 for a loaner...yes i drive a range rover so lately ive been getting alot of loaners...lol

the jeep seemed alot bigger than the LR3...but the LR3 had cooler options...niether of them compared to my RR

as far as the third row...you have to be a contortionist to get to the 3rd row in an LR3..but once you are back there it was pretty comfortable...and yes im 6'3" 210lbs

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a truck with the versatility and interior room of the LR3,
the styling of a Range Rover,
the gas mileage of a Prius,
and the price of that Grand Cherokee.

Is that too much to ask? :)

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2000 GC Limited V8 with the offroad package. It was a fabulous truck and could climb anything with the Quadradrive. The suspension was among the best coil suspensions I've experienced. It was small inside, however, and my head brushed the roof with the sunroof. It was fairly reliable, albeit, they did not provide loaners for warranty repairs; so it was a major issue getting repairs done timely and without hassle.

I could not believe Jeep replaced it with a newer version with less headroom, less rear seat leg-room, and a significantly "cheaper interior". I do not come even close to fitting.

The new version is suppossed to be based off of the Mercedes ML chassis. Regardless, every American car dealership closed in my area over the last two years; so there is very little chance of procurring something patriotic - a shame as the new jeep is intriguing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9