Just Sayin' Hi!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markinLA

Reaction score
After years of being a die-hard bimmer fan, I bought my first RR last summer. I have a LR3 with a the V8 but not the full HSE package. I think the two items I don't have are the memory seat on the driver's side and the heated steeringwhell which I really expected it would offer (and found out on a cold NYC morning that it did not!)

The car has been christened "Spencer" which seemed like a good name for a fine English Lad. So far the LR3 has been great. The second day after we picked it up, we drove it to our house in LA and thought we'd be back to NY by October. Well, here it is Feb and we're still in LA. And "Spencer" now has almost 5000 miles on him.

The first service indication light has not come on yet - but we have changed the oil once anyway. Nothing else seemed to need attention. Oh, the tire pressure indicator lights seem to come on with very little provocation. I get out and check the tire pressure and they're all within range. The act of checking them sometimes is enough to "reset" the lamp/sensor! Weird, but hardly more than bothersome as long as the pressure itself is not really out of range. I've seen the blogs about the uneven tire wear on this baby.

Anyway, HI all! And I look forward to the combined wisdom and experience of this group being able to guide me as I learn about the care and feeding of a LR3!
Mark in LA

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just like your BMW's of the past, keep the maintenance up on your Land Rovers and you will have less issues.

Unless you drive a ton of Highway miles, I would change the oil every 3k.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9