Just Sharing My Pain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jim - Glad to hear you're still out there running the trails. Sorry about the mishap though.
Here's something to remind you of better days. :cool:
DSC_0386.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

DSCN3506.jpg

casey lindsey

Reaction score
I have a 99 disco2. i replaced both head gaskets and radiator and thermostat. And im still having heating problems. ive also bled the system. There are no leaks in the system. ive checked oil and exhaust. Does anyone have a answer.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, and especially Scott for posting the pics...Great Memories! Well, yesterday, they discovered partial blockage in radiator, so now that is being replaced, too. They sent valves over to machine shop today, and hopefully heads will be back tomorrow. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll get it back this Friday. :)

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duckdive, are you coming to Rover Rendezvous XI this year?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw the e-mail the other day, I have yet to check work/family schedule for that weekend. Sounds like a fun
trip!

Last edited:

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...pain over at this point...just picked up my truck...over $5k, but she runs so quiet now! I have to put in a good word for LRMV. They treated me right. It took just over a month, but its good to have her back. Now have to get ready for Rover Rendevous!

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...pain over at this point...just picked up my truck...over $5k, but she runs so quiet now! I have to put in a good word for LRMV. They treated me right. It took just over a month, but its good to have her back. Now have to get ready for Rover Rendevous!
Sahhh weeeet! Glad to hear shes on the road again. Do you recommend changing the orig Thermostat out as pre-measure even if working fine thus far? Use OEM parr or Behr equiv? Will definitely cya at R11! BTW who was your srvc writer at LRMV gona recommend him to friend needs some compressor work b4 R11.

Surfs been kinda small around here lately... hows your local spot been?

Last edited:

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surf dropped off the past few days but supposed to be picking up again. I work with both Ed Testa and Mark (forgot his last name) as service writers and David is the service mgr. Not sure what to tell you about the stat. My instinct is to do a full cooling system flush to be sure that your radiator is good and clean and that you have good fluid. I have a feeling that it was a combination of several things coming together, including possibly the stat sticking closed plus when the heads blew, no coolant could get through the engine. Could also be the water pump gave out inside, although the tech didn't mention that.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jim glad you got the lr3 back in business , well radiators tend to clogg due to not having the right mixtures in the coolin system such as more water than coolant and the water they use is tap water so with time you will get calcium deposits in your system. best way to check it checking the ph level of the coolant and making sure its good. And yes a cooling system flush wouldnt hurt as a pre caution. the thermostats will almost normally fail open. and by open i mean the seal around the thermostat will break and bypass the thermostat and your engine will run cold / open loop causing check engine light (thermostat will actully be closed the whole time) just keep an eye on your temp gauge and you should be good. The water pumps on these vehicle have been keeping up pretty good so far not too many have been changed. Red line has an additive called the water wetter wich is supposed to help reduce the possibilites of deposites.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and yes ED TESTA is a straight forward guy worked with him for 7 years and his brother inlaw MARK ESPINOZA is also a great guy they both know what they are talking about

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635