KEY FOB COVER(s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nymoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but I grabbed a couple of FOB covers a little while ago as mine were basically in pieces. I found these on Amazon, but they can also be found here....

http://www.roveroutpost.com/silicon...r-for-land-rover-discovery-4-lr4-range-rover/

As shown in the pics they are super simple and cheap and have helped keep mine protected as the original covers front and back had fallen off. They work and they are cheap.. nuff said..

IMG_5343.JPG

IMG_5346.JPG

IMG_5344.JPG
IMG_5345.JPG

nymoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah and if you have other options feel free to upload. always looking for cool little **** for the truck.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the RBF tag. Re those replacement fob covers, I bought some from AMZ that were labeled as OEM but when they came they didn't have the LR logo on the back panel. I noted this in my review and the seller offered me a $10 credit as a make-good, so I gave them some props for that in an update. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but when you order something advertised as a factory part, you expect certain things.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple of the neoprene/rubber ones. They work great and keep the keys from getting scratched up. (newer version 2013 keys)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple of the neoprene/rubber ones. They work great and keep the keys from getting scratched up. (newer version 2013 keys)

@mbw do you mind sharing a link or product name? I had the old heavy bulky keyfobs on my 2011 (which I actually liked) but now have the slimmer, shinier 2013 fobs. The shiny caps on them take a beating even in normal use. The ones you mentioned sound like something I could use.

I have to say that passive entry on the 2013 makes up for the different keyfobs, though.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those covers are a great idea. I'm with @cperez , if you have one that works for the later FOBs, please post. It may even make them more water resistant to handle a brief drop into water.

I use the RBF red tags on my rooftop box keys. Which I have driven away with in the box before...

...I have to say that passive entry on the 2013 makes up for the different keyfobs, though.
Hey, did you ever see if you can drive off without your FOB like I can? :eek:
Unlock your 2013 by pushing the button. Leave keys hanging in garage. Go for a drive...

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, did you ever see if you can drive off without your FOB like I can? :eek:
Unlock your 2013 by pushing the button. Leave keys hanging in garage. Go for a drive...

Ha, no but I will try to remember to test that some day. I should get one of those RFID-blocking pouches and stash away one of my 3 fobs in the vehicle just in case, though... Only takes one time...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have those Neoprene covers on my later design (2013) fobs, but I got rid of them eventually. No question they protect the fob from scratches and drops - even from a quick dunk in water, probably. However, although fitting like a glove, they still managed to add a bit too much bulk for my taste, even on the smaller 2013 type. And, they often got snagged and dragged on the liner of some of my pants' pockets, making it harder to pull out the keychain they are attached to with one hand without turning my pockets inside out in the process... Without them, after 5 years my fob indeed looks like crap, but it's still in one piece and it kinda matches the LR4's paint by now, you can see they've both been around the block a few times. I don't mind, I'm well past the point where an automatic car wash, a scratch on the paint or a worn key fob bother me. :)

Todd, I am pretty sure I tossed them in a box at home since getting rid of them, you are welcome to have them (if I can find them) if you'd like to try them on. They are black neoprene.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mbw do you mind sharing a link or product name? I had the old heavy bulky keyfobs on my 2011 (which I actually liked) but now have the slimmer, shinier 2013 fobs. The shiny caps on them take a beating even in normal use. The ones you mentioned sound like something I could use.

I have to say that passive entry on the 2013 makes up for the different keyfobs, though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Sili...ash=item33ad010cec:g:MbsAAOSwCi9ZwcV6&vxp=mtr

It does say range rover on the front, but the back is a green land rover logo.

s-l1600.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9