keyless remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

immcib

Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3 with two major problems. First my keyless entry doesnt work. The dealer said he sprayed wd40 on the wires last time and got it working. It stopped working again and I was wanting to check it myself to see if there was a cheaper way to fix the problem since they recommended a new box that is $1200. Also my floorboards are constantly soaked in the driver and passenger floorboards after it rains. Im wondering if the water isnt the cause of my remote no longer working as there are wires running on the passenger door side that are wet. Any sugestions?

Trynian

Reaction score
clogged roof drain pipes is most likely the leak. there are many posts on here about it to get it cleared up.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok here it goes... super commen problem. and its all related. the water getting into your passengers side floor board has corroded the splice that splices the rf reciever for the remote. so heres what you do first things first fix the water leak. remove the intake vent on the passengers side fender behind the vent there is a rubber piece you remove and behind that you will find a ******. now cut the ****** so its open again and remove the foam piece. (just throw it away) now that fixes the water leak. next you will have to do some digging. remove the lower plastic panel that holds the door seal. there is a harness that runs along the passengers side front seat. when you find the harness cut some tape off the harness and look for a wire that is being held by a blue piece of tape that is the splice. i wanna say the wires are green. its at the half way point of the door. good luck and let me know how it goes

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's only 1 (of 4) sunroof drains, though....

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a faulty splice located under the door sill.

I assume that neither of your remotes will operate the lock unlock. The odds are that both key fobs did not fail at the same time; hence the problem is a corroded splice under one of the front door sills - a common problem in wet areas.

This link shows the splice you are looking for.

http://www.**************/forum/topic54235.h...+locking

Substitute disco3 co uk for ******* and insert a period in each of the two spaces.

This thread at the bottom has a couple of good pictures of the splice and where it is located in the big wiring loom. This was on the right side but I think there are two splice locations, one on the right for the right side doors and the other on the left for the left side doors.

http://www.*******************/forums/f41/2...eps-42274/
Substitute landroversonly com for ******* and insert a period in the space.

This is a link to the door lock wiring diagram. I think the failure is either splice SJ11 or SJ670 on page 222, as you are looking for green/white wires.

http://www.**************/gallery/albums/use..._226~0.pdf

Substitute disco3 co uk for ******* and insert a period in each of the two spaces.

Once you get the locks going again, then you can work on the plugged sunroof hoses - that is more rewarding than fooling with wires.

This blocking is making replying to posts not worth the effort - I presume that is the idea however.

Hamber

Reaction score
Its a reasonable amount to get repair at $1200 but last time i got it only $1000, if you know more i will tell you the place from which i repaired my key. Yes wireless is the main issue for unlocking car door.
First you need to pay concentration of water leakage which create further problem.

Auburn92

Reaction score
When my fobs did not work, was when I first realized the problem with the water intrusion. The independent LR shop I went with in SOCAL showed me all the corrossion at all the connection points under the carpets. The corrosion was what prevented my fobs from working.

SadLR3

Reaction score
2005 lr3 keyless fob harness

Any chance you can please post those wiring diagrams again. I have the same issue. Thank you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99