knocking sound from the engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrjlyr

Reaction score
I bought my first 03 LR Disco II couple of weeks ago. Last week I took it to a shop to replace the valve cover gasket and do a oil change (10W30). Few days later I star hearing a knocking sound from the engine. This happens only when the engine warms up and it's alway there no matter what gear. You do hear more clearly when stopped. I changed the oil to 20W50 and added some Lucas, but didn't work. I took it to a shop and they told me it's either the rockers or the lifters. They removed the valve cover and checked the rockers. They didn't look bad. But couple of the rods where a little bent and the tip that touches the lifters were worn out pretty bad. Can I just change the rods, or do I need to replace the rockers, the rocker shaft, the rods and the lifters? I'm trying to save some money since I've already spent about $1500.00 on this truck. Please help!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I have always been taught to change rods and rockers together, but others may have a different opinion.

RICK MASON

Reaction score
Yes I Agree Because Of Ware On Lifters And Push Rods There Replaced Together!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4