Land Rover LR4 Survey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else was emailed a pretty detailed survey last week asking about everything regarding the LR4. It was actually from LR and it was JUST about my particular vehicle and not the dealer or purchase experience.

I was encouraged by it bc they ask for details on what I like and don't like and what I wish was different. There was also a section to talk about any problems I may be having with my vehicle (which fortunately I have none). It made me wonder if now LR is really dedicating themselves to even more improvements on their beautiful vehicles and truly considering what the consumer says and wants. I was more than happy to submit it quickly and they responded by letting me know they received it and appreciated it.

A good thing all around, I think.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one, and was very objective: Love the "truck" and the dealership but annoyed with an initial QC issue. Hope they get the message about the need to fix the stupid little things

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one, and was very objective: Love the "truck" and the dealership but annoyed with an initial QC issue. Hope they get the message about the need to fix the stupid little things

Agreed. That's what I was thinking. I was wondering if what I have heard is true and Tata is stepping in to try to improve the cars, then maybe this is the first step. Hopefully so and the annoying headache-y things will be eliminated.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else was emailed a pretty detailed survey last week asking about everything regarding the LR4. It was actually from LR and it was JUST about my particular vehicle and not the dealer or purchase experience.

I was encouraged by it bc they ask for details on what I like and don't like and what I wish was different. There was also a section to talk about any problems I may be having with my vehicle (which fortunately I have none). It made me wonder if now LR is really dedicating themselves to even more improvements on their beautiful vehicles and truly considering what the consumer says and wants. I was more than happy to submit it quickly and they responded by letting me know they received it and appreciated it.

A good thing all around, I think.
I got one too and quickly sent it back. I think it's awesome they are asking us our opinions, etc. Let's hope they properly utilize the information! :)

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the survey was indepedent. All this complaining ends up being a negative statistic in consumer reports. I filled mine out with praise.

Last edited:

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filled mine out with praise too, except for mentioning that no way in hell a $60k truck should have a starting problem at 30 miles and a check engine light when being delivered; consumer reports be damned

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filled mine out with praise too, except for mentioning that no way in hell a $60k truck should have a starting problem at 30 miles and a check engine light when being delivered; consumer reports be damned

What happened? You know the check engine light happened to me at 300 miles and it was due to not tightening the gas cap enough. If you trigger the fault twice, the check engine light remains on and you have to have the dealer clear the fault. The guy who topped off the tank when I bought it new (guy was a young shop kid) and the second time was me at second fill up. I didn't know it requires the strength of an ape to tighten the cap to avoid the fault.

Last edited:

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Starter relay not fully seated, per dealership. They spent a day looking for what went wrong. It ended being a bloody relay "not fully seated". :confused: What the hell is wrong with QC? Great dealership though, they lent me an LR3 to drive around for a couple of days.

It has been a great truck since fixed, not a hiccup

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Starter relay not fully seated, per dealership. They spent a day looking for what went wrong. It ended being a bloody relay "not fully seated". :confused: What the hell is wrong with QC? Great dealership though, they lent me an LR3 to drive around for a couple of days.

It has been a great truck since fixed, not a hiccup

Yeah, QC is an issue, but I'm seeing that with even the best, like BMW. One guy got his goofy X3 with one black mirror and one blue. But yeah, with LR I think some of the folks drink a little too many pints the night before a shift. It is England after all. Sorry about your woes...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink