Land Rover Sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure would like to know what your issues are. I would like to know what to look out for. I have owned my '11 for seventeen months and my only issue was with the price they charged for wiper blade replacements at the one year service.

DonnieLR4

Reaction score
I sure would like to know what your issues are. I would like to know what to look out for. I have owned my '11 for seventeen months and my only issue was with the price they charged for wiper blade replacements at the one year service.

1) Voice recognition doesn't work - repaired
2) Water (lots from the sound of it) accumulationg above the headliner and leaking from the dome light, inside the vehicle - repaired after they re-routed drain hoses for the sunroof.
3) Rear wiper stopped working - repaired after they found a short
4) One of the tailgate cable mechanisms broke and failed to retract when the tailgate is closed- repaired after part was replaced
5) Driver's door window doesn't "express" - "fixed" twice, broke again, going back to the dealer for the third time
6) Tire pressure monitoring light turns on sporadically even though the air pressure in all 5 tires is OK.
7) emergency brake fault light on and off sporadically while driving
8) front passenger window does not express
9) radio turns on and off sporadically
10) buzzing noise coming from R/F stereo speaker

The vehicle cost almost 60k, I have 11,500 miles. I understand that some LR owner's buy the vehicle knowing that they aren't perfect, and they expect things to happen. If you have an alcohol dependency problem like rostov then I guess it doesn't really matter. My position is, a car this expensive shouldn't have so many problems, especially within the first year of ownership.

DonnieLR4

Reaction score
drunk

Ok, I am drunk completely now... Sorry everybody, this is the third time I come across that ****.... .... Ok, sorry...... What exactly was it in for all those 9 times?...

Have another drink..............

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's characteristic. All car has problems, and depend where and how you use it.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my friend just have his brand new MB E350 towed because of smoke coming out of hood.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Voice recognition doesn't work - repaired
2) Water (lots from the sound of it) accumulationg above the headliner and leaking from the dome light, inside the vehicle - repaired after they re-routed drain hoses for the sunroof.
3) Rear wiper stopped working - repaired after they found a short
4) One of the tailgate cable mechanisms broke and failed to retract when the tailgate is closed- repaired after part was replaced
5) Driver's door window doesn't "express" - "fixed" twice, broke again, going back to the dealer for the third time
6) Tire pressure monitoring light turns on sporadically even though the air pressure in all 5 tires is OK.
7) emergency brake fault light on and off sporadically while driving
8) front passenger window does not express
9) radio turns on and off sporadically
10) buzzing noise coming from R/F stereo speaker

The vehicle cost almost 60k, I have 11,500 miles. I understand that some LR owner's buy the vehicle knowing that they aren't perfect, and they expect things to happen. If you have an alcohol dependency problem like rostov then I guess it doesn't really matter. My position is, a car this expensive shouldn't have so many problems, especially within the first year of ownership.

This guy can't even list which lr4 he has? Anybody worth a damn on a car forum knows you need to list your year and model.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my LR4, but i must admit, i have had the same problems as #s: 3,6,8,9,10

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guy can't even list which lr4 he has? Anybody worth a damn on a car forum knows you need to list your year and model.

He's got 11k on it so i think it's safe to assume it's either a 2010 or 2011. Regardless, I really don't think the trim or year matters here... The car is clearly a lemon.

Either that or the shop he goes to don't know what they are doing.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer for this owner. My LR4 has been the most reliable, expensive car I have ever owned. Period.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635