Land Rover Sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned 3 Rovers in my life (all purchased new):

1) '99 Disco Series II (sold at 90k miles) - ONLY problem was a transmission failure (warranty item) due running over a HUGE rock at speed while crossing Donner Pass (Lake Tahoe) in a blizzard. Other than that - a tank.

2) '08 LR3 (sold at 90k miles) - Ran into an electrical gremlin (christmas tree dash) at 80k b/c a $17 brake switch failed. Dealer incorrectly diagnosed it as an alternator, so my total cost was $817 - but I digress....

3) '11 LR4 (now at 30k miles) - No problems at all.

So that is 210k+ miles with minimal issues...

-B :)

r'elise me

Reaction score
46k miles on my LR3 2008 and never had a single major failure. So I got an LR4! I did plenty of pretty serious offroading, lots of ski trips and towing my race car to far off events. I loved every moment in it. Sure, some of the creature comforts dont really compare to its German competition (ditto for the LR4), but those car can't hold a candle to superlative suspension and offroad capabilities of the LR. Like any car, you take the bad with the good - and hopefully with grace.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer for this owner. My LR4 has been the most reliable, expensive car I have ever owned. Period.

Ditto that.... for me 30K and still no nagging or issues outside the cost of brake pads and labor which i am not going to harp about anymore. It is what it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635