Last again in the ratings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good! That will keep ignorant riff-raff away from buying the LR3/4 and having it thought of as a Soccer-Mom rig!

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have had LRs in the family for over 40 years, the early cars as farm vehicles. Most of them are still around.

I will admit that the cars built during the late 80's through the 90's did have some quality control issues but the three I have owned since 2001 have all been reliable and sound -- with the caveat that the dealer as yet to resolve our memory seat issues with the 08 LR3.

I blame the dealer for that one though.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I generally scoff at these ratings, and wouldn't trade my LR3 in for anything at the moment. But really, it IS pretty sad that a company with an average price of their whole vehicle lineup well in excess of $50,000 is last time after time in these surveys.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ratings

Honestly who cares? Not me. Every car I've ever owned has been at the bottom of these ratings... 80's and 90's saabs, Audis, Land Rovers, Porsche boxster and the worst one ever was a volvo xc SUV about 6 years ago that was a complete and total disaster, yet it did "great in the ratings" when we bought it.. Reliability and the perception of reliability in these surveys is a complete crock. The most reliable car I have owned in the past 20 years is my current LR3. Really.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was seriously considering a diesel toureg, but I actually found the VW toureg to be much worse in dependability ratings than the LR3. Compounded by the fact the VW dealer is 20 miles away, vs 4 miles for the LR - I chose the LR. Never had any regrets.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that case, MSN & MSNBC continue to be the least reliable news source for me

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to edmunds and look at the consumer reviews of the LR3. Overall, it did VERY well. Of course there are some negative reviews, but the overall results are quite good. This "real-world" feedback basically convinced me to buy one.

I am LOVING it so far.

Bigs

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I owned a 97 Pathfinder for 12 years.. it was a good car (keep ur chuckles to urself please)..and then I went LR.. and as I told all my friends, the bar has been set, I aint going for anything other than an LR from now on. No regrets..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4