Leak Through Rear Dome Light 2012 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JacquesT

Reaction score
Just purchased 2012 LR4. First rain I have a drip coming through the rear dome light by the back hatch. Any idea where the source might be?

gleung

Reaction score
check your sunroof drain pipe (4 corner) if you have one.
got mine clogged (front right) and flooded into right a-pillar.
end up with compressor blast all dirt out of the drain tube and problem solved

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have this leak. My guess is it could be the shark fin antenna. Mine has some scraping on the top of the antenna from entering garages with low hanging pipes. Top of my LR rear ladder, which is a little bit higher than the antenna, is also scraped. There is a small crack in the front of the plastic antenna. Just a guess, but maybe someone else can chime in. I have the full length roof rails, not sure if that helps or hurts. I'm sure it helps protect from the sun though.

ShipmanD4

Reaction score
I have developed a leak as well. But my headliner is dry. What I’m getting is water in the plastic trim and rear window on the upper tailgate. I discovered that my 3rd brake light is the culprit. You can verify this by having someone pour water onto it and around the gap between the light and the body. Land Rover chose to glue the brake light on rather than a bolt-on solution. The adhesive used is a black 3M windshield urethane applied with a caulking type gun. You can get that and the adhesive primer also from 3M via amazon. If your light is sufficiently loose, you can pry it free using non-marring tools like plastic scrapers. Then clean a prep the area removing all old adhesive from both the vehicle and the light. Apply the primer with the supplied brush wait for it to dry, then use the urethane and glue the light back in place. If you can’t get the light off you must break it into pieces and purchase a new one. The adhesive on mine (2012) completely failed so I was able to pry mine off with my bare hands. Hope this helps, I have seen a video or two about this on YouTube. Cheers

Ian Morrison

Biffo 69
Reaction score
Just purchased 2012 LR4. First rain I have a drip coming through the rear dome light by the back hatch. Any idea where the source might be?
Sounds like your Sunroof drain pipes are blocked. Easy repair. Get someone with a Air Compressor to disconnect each of the pipes and put compressed air through each pipe. There is a one way valve at the end of each pipe which often becomes stiff causing the pipes to become blocked up with dirt. I actually heard each of my pipes become unblocked and you could see the muck of the rear pipes in each of rear wheel arches. I now use compressed air in my pipes every 4 to 6 months to stop it happening again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM