leaky hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2000 disco.
I have a leak in the r.r hub. I have read that you have to replace the entire hub, Is this true?
I thought I have seen bearings and seals for these somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Joe

jmrivera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't comment with 100% accuracy, but my '03 is leaking and all I need is to install the o-ring I picked up on Saturday...

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the corner apart and found out that there are 2 places the hub can leak from. 1 is a cheap Oring seal and the other is a hub replacement. If it is leaking from the tube side your in luck and don't have to replace the hub. If it is leaking from the hub itself you need a hub. I found hubs on line for around 100 bucks so I lucked out. I will take pictures of the replacement when the new hub comes in. So far the hardest part of the tear down was getting the rotor off. If you need to pull the rotor invest in a couple of cans of "PB Blaster". Joe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635