Leaky SIIA Tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

loment11

I have a 1975 Series III 88 with what I think is a IIA tranny (no syncro in 1st/2nd...double clutch). I don't know how to confirm...so maybe that is my first question.
Recently, I have noticed that there is significantly great leaking occuring while the vehicle is sitting.
My question is threefold, 1) What is the most likely place that it would be leaking from? It seems to be dripping down from higher up on the tranny onto the driveway near the crossmember frame (located just forward from where you fill the tranny). Is there good literature (online) showing the tranny and its seals? 2) Could it be as simple as replacing a seal? 3) How might I go about this fix without removing the tranny. Can I go through the doghouse or can I removed the bench seat?
Thanks for your assistance... -Lo

T

tuko

I'll try to answer your questions in the order that they are given.

1) EVERYWHERE'S. :eek: Seriously, have you identified the liquid that is leaking? Is it engine oil or is it 90 weight ? Engine oil can be thrown all over the place, so don't discount it. If it's the top inspection plates on the tranny, you can easily remove the floor panels and place some silicone on the gaskets. If the leak is from elsewhere's, more work will be required.:frown: And on my homepage, I'm sharing a series 3 parts manual, it has all the pictures, you'll ever need for the tranny. :wink:

2) If your lucky.

3) Once again, if your lucky and yes, you would have to remove the floor panels and seatbox.

Cheers,
Todd.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM