leather cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used a few of these products and had good luck with all. What really made a difference was using a microfiber towel when cleaning/applicating.

Thanks,

Marty

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent point. Micro fiber makes a world of difference!

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO NOT use detergent or regular soap! Neither of those things have any place being used on a car either inside or out. They both will dry out your leather. For stain repellent, I've yet to find anything better than Aerospace 303 protectant. ALso use it on the dash and other plastic surfaces and be amazed at how little dust will collect compared to most other products.

I've heard awesome things about 303 Aerospace Protectant for plastic/vinyl/rubber, so I went to their website to do a little research. They actually recommend using Lexol on unfinished leather, which it appears the LR4's might have. Here are a few quotes from their FAQ page:

With regards to finished vs unfinished leather:
"Most of the leather upholstery in domestic cars of recent vintage is plastic coated. The upper surface of such leather is ‘vinyl’.”

“Leather upholstery in most European cars is '*****' leather which has no protective finish. The surface is that of the original hide. This leather 'breathes' and accepts conditioners applied to its surface.”

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How to tell what you have:
Dr. Jenkins explains how to tell the difference between “coated” and “*****" leather. Referring to coated leather he states, “Such leather can be identified by the failure of a drop of water applied to its surface to be absorbed into the leather after a few minutes.”

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How to care for unfinished leather:
For “*****” or “unfinished” leather upholstery: 303 would be remiss if we did not direct you for this information to Lexol and quote from their website, “Lexol - The most trusted name in leather care.” www.lexol.com

We at 303 Products, Inc. work hard to provide our customers and website visitors with accurate and useful information. We hope you’ve found this information interesting and helpful. Thank you for your business.

Here's a link to the article, if you want to read the whole thing: http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/112/automotive-leather.cfm

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a bunch of research on the 'net, I just ordered Leatherique based largely on the glowing recommendations of some guys on a Ferrari forum who seem to have used every product out there. They all agree that Leatherique is the best. Just ordered their kit from Amazon. I'll report back after I've had a chance to use it.

I have Leatherique and it works well, but is a PIA to use on a regular basis.

For normal, day to day cleaning and conditioning, I just use Lexol.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lexol Leather Conditioner
Lexol Leather Cleaner
Lexol Vinylex 1215 Protectant Spray

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lexol is good.

But seriously, avoid any type of raw/one wash denim (...and I should know, cause I have a modest collection of japanese raw jeans) Denim dye stains are almost impossible to remove

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lexol Leather Conditioner
Lexol Leather Cleaner
Lexol Vinylex 1215 Protectant Spray

I am a sucker for buying more cleaning suplies crap! I just ordered the stuff, can't wait to give it a try.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maguires leather wipes works for me. Easy one step application

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM