Leaving LR... For now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im amazed by how quite mine is. And I have the cargo barrier (cage as my wife calls it) with a huge tool box full of metal crap. Also the roof rack, sliders, ladder and removed all the areo plastic bits off the front, etc... AT tires.... its still dead quite.
I have a similar set up, just with a bit more crap on the roof. My LR4 is very quiet, except for the noise from the roof rack - but that's to be expected.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think these things bother some more than others. Doesn't bother my wife at all but then again she is using hearing aids! I have always found noises I didn't like. The worst was in my 2010 Lexus RX350. There was a high-pitched buzz that would kick in when driving over 60. Not all the time. But enough that it would drive me nuts on long freeway trips. They tried but could never find the issue. Now my 2014 Acura MDX is developing a whistle (maybe an air leak) somewhere just behind and to the left of the driver. Sigh.

Then there are the times when the rides seems more or less "rough". When I first test drove the LR4 I thought it felt a bit harsh on the bumps. (Remember, I drove a Lexus for 10 years and now have an Acura.) A couple days later I realized that the Acura felt the same way. I had just let myself ignore it with the Acura. If I focus on the sounds and the bumps in the Acura I can feel them and the bother me. The same was true with the Lexus. Not as quiet as I would have liked - if I focused on it.

Maybe it is all just luck. Or maybe it is how each of us "notices" things. Which is part of why people buy different vehicles.

BTW, I was always happy with Lexus. I ignored that noise that developed and other little things. There service was great. Were it not for the side-opening rear door it is very likely I would be driving a GX right now. And if they had done something better with the space/rear seat arrangements in the back I might be driving an LX. Once again, personal preference.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Lexus family:

(…an LX 570 owner, formerly LR4)

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar set up, just with a bit more crap on the roof. My LR4 is very quiet, except for the noise from the roof rack - but that's to be expected.

But you dont run a wind fairing right? That's going to make it much louder.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But you dont run a wind fairing right? That's going to make it much louder.
No wind fairing, so you are right, it makes it a lot louder. I am planning to put a light bar up there, so that might cut it down some. Or maybe make it worse? :)

The noise doesn't really bother me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM