Lengthening Shock Travel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I'm looking for some front shocks to allow more drop without sacrificing compression.

What should I be looking for in the manner of travel? Is there a site somewhere that lists specs for different makes of shock absorber relative to the stock D1 shocks, for example?

Also, how difficult is it to adjust uptravel/downtravel?

Andy

PS: I know, this is a newbie question, but I'm trying to get out of the OME cookie cutter mold...and will need specifics to get.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I replace the fronts, I am going to put on fox shocks. I think you can get about the 10" model and be fine. Only problem is they go from loop to loop like on the D2. You would need a little modifying kit. Maybe Bilstein has a post to post 10" shock....

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10" doesn't seem like that much -- and I know the geometry involved (shocks being mounted inboard) means more wheel travel, but it still doesn't seem like much.

Doetsch Industries has:
  1. 13.5" to 23.5" (model 8293)
  2. 14.5" to 25.5" (model 8361)
  3. 16.0" to 28.5" (model 8385)
  4. 17.5" to 31.0" (model 8420)
All of these are stud-to-stud mounting

Bilstein has:
  1. 10", 12", and 14" travel shocks
All of them are eye-to-eye mounting

Rancho has:

All different lengths, all different types, all different mounting types.

What are the stock shock specs? I'm looking for extended and compressed lengths for the OEM Woodhead shocks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9