Lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be dumb, but how do you lift an independent suspension vehicle? Body lift only? Is it possible for LR3?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have spent quite a bit of time on this question, because I have a coil sprung version of the LR3. I read that you have an HSE, so you have air shocks. I really don't think you need a lift. You can raise up 2.5" higher than I am, additionally, you can trigger a "super extended mode" that adds even more height to your ride (but makes that ride very very stiff!).

I have seen stock RRS's and LR3's go up some amazing stuff. Here is the proof!
http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=10

Now in my case, I want the lift, because I am stuck at your "normal" ride height. Shock tower spacers, body lifts, extended coilovers, thrid party air shocks, I'm investigating all of them. So far, I like these, but they have not done anything on the LR3 yet...
www.roverspecialties.com

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods,
I'm just preliminarily checking. I am leasing mine, so won't do anything til the lease is upin 16 mos. Ultimately, if I keep it I would like to run maybe 32-33" tires. If there was a way to keep it in extended mode full time, i'd be set.
My question is, how DO you lift an independent suspension? Doesn't changing to a bigger spring change the suspension geometry? Can you only do a body lift? What are shock tower spacers? I need to do more research.
by the way, I looked at some of your pics on your homepage. Kudos to taking your rig out before you even got your plate! nice...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112