Lights don't flash when alarm is armed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Dominiq

About one year ago my D1 lights stopped flashing when the alarm is armed or disarmed; bulbs were replaced but the lights still do not flash. Thoughts?

:smile:

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Discovery has done that a couple of times over the last three years. I think there is a problem in the door lock ecu. Mine always went back to normal after a couple of days/bumps/creeks. I one event, it decided to start flashing during a wheeling weekend in the national forest! Everyone was lookin' at me like I was a circus freak or something. It flashed for two days. I removed the little green box in the passenger footwell, disassembled it, cleaned it, re-installed it w/ velcro instead of the little bolts. Works great, so far.....Thank You, LRW.

D

Dominiq

Lights not flashing

Thanks. Where exactly is the little green box in the passenger footwell - beneath the glove box or on the side?

:proud:

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is above the kick panel, behind the glove box, about three inches in from the passenger side. It's about 3x5x1, and you will be looking at the edge when you find it. I think it's actually a security sys. ecu because the truck don't run w/out it. Mine was easy to find as it was making a "lamp flasher" sound so load that you could easily feel it in the green box. Good Luck, LRW.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM