Limb Rise Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this sent to me as a private message....can anyone help? I've heard of dog cable being used with a turnbuckle in the center of the rack, and I know you can spend a lot of money on them, but does anyone have a direct link to some ideas?

We have just outfitted our Disco with a Hannibal rack. When we purchased the truck it already had a brush bar attached. I now need to attach "Guide Wires", (or whatever the proper name). What is a professional/functional prescription? I am fairly mechanical & handy, and have an idea but have never seen a setup in person. I have searched for photo's but everything I have found has been to far away to see any detail. I would appreciate any guidance to avoid unforeseen challenges. Thx Michael

U

u2ra_winner

Still searching

Thx Moose
It is obvious I do not know much about communications in a forum, but I am greatful for your efforts to resolve this issue. My 11 yr old son & I are building up a Disco II, and would prefer to acomplish this right the first try.
Another person said they used "yacht chandlers" I now need to figure out what that means.
Once again THX and plz send any good info along. Michael

U

u2ra_winner

Guide wires from dog run wrk well to detour trees frm rack

I want'd to say thanx for the feedback in regard to building guidewires frm the brsh bar to the rack. Sorry its been so long since my orginal ???'s but have moved since plus....
I ended up getting a coated dog run, cut it to the correct lenths and added turnbuckles. It looks great & funtions well.

PS, I also recieved alot of feedback in regard to the legality of using these. For everyones peace of mind they go on only as needed on the trail & come off afterwards well before we hit the road.

F

Freeflytim

What.. Limb risers are illegal? How so?

http://www.freeflytim.com/lr/IM001839.jpg

u2ra_winner said:
I also recieved alot of feedback in regard to the legality of using these. For everyones peace of mind they go on only as needed on the trail & come off afterwards well before we hit the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9