Loaner Vehicle Policy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Michael

I was wondering what Land Rover's stated policy is on dealer loaner vehicles. I've heard they don't have one, but I thought I would check. I'm a consultant, so a ride to work is not an option, since that could be 50 miles or more away. I'm considering an LR3, but given the number of problems, I don't want to rent cars at my expense everytime something goes wrong (and something going wrong is pretty much inevitable).

Michael

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
It is dealer dependent. Some give you LRs, some Enterprise rental cars, some give you a mix of these two, and some give you nothing at all.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, check your dealer. I only get a loaner for "scheduled maintenance." Beyond that, it's "alternate transportation."

L

LR3_WA

I don't believe there is an overall policy. I would contact the dealers in your area and ask. As my dealer service uses a rental car company for their loaners.

S

san6279

I was told by the the Bellevue, WA dealer that they will give you a ride somewhere if needed. Seems pretty sad for an "upscale" dealership. Heck, the VW place gave us loaners all the time...and we didn't even purchase the car at that dealer.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our local in Denver will give you a loaner, sometimes a rental. If you talk with the service manager as my wife has we always get at least a comparitive LR3, sometimes a RR.

Nothing beats the Porsche dealer though -- I take my turbo in and get the keys to whatever I want on their lot, new or used. Lotus Espirits make funny noises by the way.

Z

zdas04

If the dealer will only give you a ride, have them take you to a rental-car place. There is always options and if you think the benefits of an LR3 are worthwhile, then the inevitable busts are the price you pay.

David

M

mvg

With my Long Island dealer, they give me an LR3 loaner every time I bring the car in for warranty work. Unfortunately today, I was informed that starting immediately, they cannot give an LR loaner if your insurance is State Farm, Merchants, or National. They can only give out Enterprise rentals.

According to an insurance agent, it is illegal to discriminate based on what your car insurance is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4