Location of IAC/Stepper Motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I might find the IAC/stepper motor? This is for a 96 Disco SD 4.0 V8

Thanks
Jim

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that it in one of the pictures in the pink square?

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound like an idiot or be a pest, but for the life of me I cannot determine from that thread which one the IAC is.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
sorry.... yes that is the stepper motor, unless I have completly lost it..... that is possible you know

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
"Also called the "Idle bypass valve" and "Idle air control motor". This motor is located on the upper plenum of your rover and allows idle air to flow around the throttle plate when its closed."

This is a better pic. Hope it helps. IAC is labeled in the attached pic.

Happy B-Day Joey. ;) Let me know on those fog lights? I need them! Melissa

Attachments

• Cnv0183.jpg
    Cnv0183.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 191

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. I actually just started taking things apart randomly last night, and cleaning them. I took off the tps and (what I now know to be the IAC) - and cleaded them up. It worked! haha. when the rover started up I actually Jumped for joy and let out a VERY LOUD, Bo Duke style "yeee-ha!" haha I'm such a hick;

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad we could help with your issue.... and Melissa I should have that in the mail (UPS) this afternoon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635