Locked out of LR3 with motor running!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X

xcursion

Jack is correct. When a key is in ignition, it disables the remote feature to avoid accidental locking. And in my bm, the central locking button does not function when any of the front doors is open (I forgot to check if its the same for the rear thou)--a much safer way to do it.

J

jackmac

(off topic)

xcursion - what bm do you have? I picked up an E90 330i in December (previously owned E36 and E46). I've noticed that a lot of LR3 drivers also have a BMW in the garage too.

X

xcursion

A little 3 series too (model yr 2000, dunno E#?)...with 2 kids, that's why we got the truck

Last edited by a moderator:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jackmac said:
We've been doing the same for the past year too. The only time we had this problem is when she accidentally bumped the central locking button recently. Just wanted folks to know what would happen if you then close the door in this situation.

Much appreciated. This would definitely happen to me eventually...as I've already locked the keys in the thing once! (and have past gripes about the inability to throw a cheap hide-a-key on this beast...)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635