Looking at buying a 2008 LR3, a few questions. . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty sweet. How much do those run? What about version 3? What are the differences physically?...and cost-wise?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Version 1 does not have the standoff tubes. Version 2 does. Version 3 has the tubes plus a solid plate across the bottom all the way out to the end of the tubes. I liked version 2 because you get the protection and side step, but it's easier to clean up afterwards. Pricing is all at the website. www.offroving.com I got an email that they just negotiated a new flat rate shipping for only $200. These are big heavy items, so depending on where you are in the country, shipping could have added a lot, but this flat rate helps.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That website is REALLY nice! ...makes me think they are making too much money!

Sour grapes; I'm in the wrong business....

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam did that site himself. I myself am not wild about it, but I'm an old school HTML guy, Adam likes Flash :)

There is another variant of the RS sliders, called Option 2 Slim, that has the stand-off tubes, but they are tighter to the body. A little cleaner design, offering a bit more clearance in V-notch or "pinch rock" conditions, but a little less useful for HiLift use, foot rest use.

Here is a photo of Opt 2 and Opt2Slim on the right:

comparison.gif

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the fat version. One good thing about the stand-off tubes, and I guess about the LR sidesteps too, is that they offer some protection from door-dings because they stick out just a little bit.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the origional Opt2's extend out to the flare of the wheel arch. The Opt2Slim's only extend out to the rim of the wheel itself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72