Loosing power uphill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

OH YEH!,
To make it worse, when the first one didn't work I got a second one, different size, hoping to make it work, and it would'nt fit, so I have 2.
Hey, everything thing else I have tried on the truck has worked really well.
Mike J.

D

discomike

Adam,
So with your trucks mileage, are you still running the same plug wires and how about you O2 sensors?
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike - :) its ok. when i first time seen their ad, i actually sat down and created model on (not from.. :)) paper to figure out if it will work or not. It did sound strange and after finishing the model - it kind of fell apart. However i was tempted too. Its about as good as them cool tornado exhausts - heck one of those actually was futured in LRE magazine with good review.

However some of that stuff actually works a bit. I am running filtermag right now, so next oilchange i am gonna cut bloody thing open and check if it helped. I know that block is built of aluminium but i think some truth should be in it, seeing that there is enough metal around. Only bit that kills me is that magnets actually loosing their power when heating up and oil reaching fairly hight temperatures :) Anyway - i will post here if it actually caught anything. Have to figure out how to cut filter open by then.

D

discomike

So have you looked at the old toilet paper oil filters put out by Amzoil I think? They really made since, never tried one though.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eeek no.. I am steering clear of any Penzoil and Amsoil products. First one b/c i made huge mistake of changing oil on Penzoil owned station once and had crappiest performance that XTerra has in long time. And second one is b/c i learned never trust any MLM driven system. One word comes to mind - herbalife. And you guys never had it here like we had them in early 90s in Russia. Absolutely terrifying.

I am running K&N oil filters in both trucks.

D

discomike

I also run the K&N filters, are you using the long ones?
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, i have no clue whats the part # for lone ones and reference guide in local store has only short ones in their book.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sergei, the longer K&N oil filter model # is hp-3001. The stock replacement model # is hp-2004 I'm using the hp-3001 now and it's nearly one and a half times longer than the stock one.

Last edited:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock is actually 2001 to my recollection.. But thanks Mike, i'll check that one out - has to change oil in about month or so, before cold season will really hit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM