Lost 2 centercaps in 2 days?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this common? I lost both front centercaps - one last night and one this morning. Its about 15 degrees here in Indianapolis...anyone else experience this problem? Any cure besides a bit of clear silicone on the tabs before replacing them back into the wheels?

thanks.

D

disco1

I've heard of people taking mascots off the hood, and badges as souveniers, but centercaps?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds familiar. Same thing happened to me. It is a good thing that they are pretty cheap to replace.

S

SteveA

Not too unusual for them to pop off. Silicone is the way to go to secure them. That way when they need to be removed, you can get them off.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my previous Discovery (2000), I too had 2 of my centercaps fall off - when it was cold. I just called up my friendly LR dealer and they gave me 4 new ones for free. Since I had to pick them up, they put them on for me (with some adhesive this time, but not sure if it was clear silicone or not).

Like Sam stated, they are pretty cheap, and if your local dealer is nice enough, they may even be free.

The colder weather causes "shrinkage" so the centercap does not fit tightly, and will often fall out.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local dealer had only 1 in stock for 25 bucks. I just got sniped on ebay for (4) caps for 31 dollars. Damn cell phones...kept me from bidding! :)

S

SteveA

Sam,

Check on the style of center cap that you have. There are 3 different types. One is all silver, one has a green logo with gold letters and one has a green logo with silver letters. I recall that one of the styles is 4 or 5 times the price of the others. One retails for about $5 and one is about $20. Leave it to Land Rover to do something like this.

Stephen

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo