Lots of codes all at once

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohiochic

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Range Rover HSE that has started acting up. Here is the list:

Transmission fault limited gears
Engine fault
HDC inactive - lowering vehicle ( even though it doesn't lower)
Brake light on/off
ABS light
Speedometer has stopped working
Outer axle sounds and feels like a truck that's in 4wd on pavement.

Had the engine rebuilt approx 3 yrs ago to fix gears slipping and Battery was replaced a year ago due to codes being given. Seemed to fix everything but here we are again with even more problems. Not sure what needs to be done. Where do I start? The battery again?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Where in Ohio are you located? Most of those issues normally come from a battery issue, but some do not.

Ohiochic

Reaction score
We are located in Zanesville OH and haven't been able to find anyone who can work on my car. Closest dealership is about 1 1/2 away and there is no way my car would make it there without issues.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Per a good friend.... Possible bad suspension pump, bad cluster, and bearing going bad in the axle. And possible corrosion in a wiring harness. Around $2500 Minimum repair bill.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Also one other thought per my friend, have the Alternator checked for output. There is a chance you have a bad alternator overcharging causing all the lights, but the bearing would still be an issue in the noise in the axle.

Ohiochic

Reaction score
Thanks and I remember last year the battery was bad and it acted all crazy. And oh btw today all the lights are back to normal!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If all the lights are back to normal, have your battery and alternator tested. Before you end up on the side of the road somewhere in the snow.

Ohiochic

Reaction score
So lights came back on. Took it to autozone and battery test is good. Guy pulled codes and this is what coming up:( attached is a picture of printout)

image.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72