low coolant in 2015 LUX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stew77

Reaction score
Like several others, just had to replace the water pump on our 2012 LR4 LUX this week (47K miles). Vehicle showed low coolant minder and so I topped off coolant and monitored... It was definitely using coolant, and I also noted an irregular/intermittent sound coming from the engine compartment that sounded a bit like a loose bolt rolling around in a washing machine.o_O Could not get the vehicle in to the dealer with a loaner for a full week, and unfortunately pump completely failed as my wife was parking the vehicle at work (full on coolant spray/dump and had to have it towed to the dealer).

We did purchase the extended LR warranty that takes us out an additional 6 years/100,000 miles since this was our first Land Rover vehicle, so the warranty covered everything, but it does sound like there have been a number of 2012s with this issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM