Low speed metal on metal noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

ducati2349

Lately on my Disco2/64k at low speeds there seems to be a slight metal on metal noise coming from the left side that goes away when I apply the breaks. Any thoughts? I know that the rear diff. fluid hasn't been checked in awhile due to the plug that no grease monkey has the correct tool to take off. Is oil level really the cause of my noise?

Frustrated in Seattle.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left front, left rear, speed hearing noise at, during acceleration/coasting, brakes looked at? etc...

The diff plug can be taken off using the 1/2" ratchet if I remember correctly. Every grease monkey has one of those!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
if the sound goes away when you put on the breaks, check to make sure the brakes do not need replaced. That would be my first thought.

D

ducati2349

Yep the brakes was the problem. Good to go now, just need to fix the cargo door and passenger door from unlocking...stupid locking unit device thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112