Lower fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
98 discoI
I cracked one of my lower fog lights, and haven't come across a parts store that sells a reasonably priced replacement, seems like it is just a little bigger than most, I don't want to spend much (have hellas on brushguard). Any suggestions would be great.

96Discose7

trim your front bumper ends and get rid of your fog lights, but if you want to keep them you can glue the pieces back in place [ if they are the same as a 96, plastic] mine came broken when i got the truck and was not going to pay 129.00 for each light so i just removed them and the under bumper trim, it looks better and you get a littler better front angle clearance, and you can save your wires and install more lights on your guard then those will run off your existing wiring.... just a thought -Andy

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably will just remove the whole piece, my wife is the primary driver of the LR though and she wasn't sold on the idea of trimming the bumper, I will probably just do it and she wont even notice for a few months anyway :)

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monty
Thanks for the offer... I personally like the way it looks trimmed, I am still weighing my options, what do you want for your foggy?

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just send me your broken light, so that I can cut the wires off and plug it back into the wire harness and maybe donate a few bucks to Sam for this site and I'll call it good. PM me with your address and I'll send it to you this weekend.

*edit* Just confirming that all you need is the fog light?

Last edited:

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monty-
I probably will just remove the whole thing... all I need is the clear plastic fog light lense but they need to go anyway. I probably will take the thing off. I was actually just pulling into a parking space that had a raised cement bed for flowers right to one side. I didn't pay much attention to it, (my dodge always clears it) but I bumped it at about 1 mph and being that it was 12 degrees it shattered.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was curious what tool works the best to trim down the bumper ends.... dremmel, exactor knife, teeth, etc?

p.s. I will send in a couple dollars towards the site...January is probably a lean donation month.

96Discose7

ColeCam, if you have not had the pleasure of removing a front fog lamp, let me tell you that it is a PITA if you are wanting to re-install...... -Andy
[but your better off just cutting off...... and save the wires for future lights]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635