LR bike rack price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

Amir

LR bike rack etc prices

Hi, i was quoted the following prices for a bunch of things that i want to buy and just wanted to run by you...

$515.00 Bike Rack
$349.00 Cross Bars
$369.00 Tow Hitch Receiver
$221.00 Deep Pile Premium Beige Mattes
$120.00 Load Space Matte

Do these sound alright to you guys?

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Amir

got the bike rack assembled. have to say, i have had a bike rack for a while for my car but i dont have any experience with the bike racks designed for the tow hitch receiver, and this one from LR seems to be very well made.

reason i went for the LR one is because its angled upwards a bit around the area where it fits into the tow hitch receiver and that helps with the ground clearance. but i am really not a big fan of the way the tow hitch receiver sits so low on LR3. i tried parking my LR3 in my steep driveway (inclined upward as you drive in) with the bike rack installed and i could not because it came too close to hitting the ground. this is with the suspension in the offroad mode. i am pretty sure that even without the bike rack the tow hitch receiver alone would have probably hit the ground.

also, my mountain bike (full suspension) does not have a clear top bar, so i could not mount it on the rack. and the installing instructions paper talks about an extra part that i can get from the dealer which would help mount the bikes without top bar, etc. does anyone have any experience with that? the documentation that the rack came with sucks. also, there is a safety pin that according to the documentation should be installed in place all the time. and that pin is basically drops into a hole and does not really lock up or snap or anything. its diameter is quite smaller than that of the hole it drops into and basically its only the pin's own weight that holds it down. the pin looks different than what is shown in the documentation and it has a bolt/nut tightening head on one side (which i used to tighten the nut that screws into the bolt that holds the rack to the hitch receiver.) other than that the rack is made well :)

S

schafari

I was strongly cautioned against the beige color mats by two different dealers. Apparently the beige is an off color beige that does not match with the beige color in the truck. I really wanted beige, but everywhere I looked, I couldn't find a valid picture. I can't speak from first hand experience, but this is what I found when I ordered the carpeted mats. I got the black premium, and they look fine.

I also explored the the roof rack. I ended up getting a Yakima set up. I don't need to keep cross bars on at all. You just have four landing pads that rise about 1" off the tracks on the roof. They come wiht nice covers as well. Due to the non-proprietary nature, more options, better install, stronger, and much more flexible, I went with Yakima over the LR roof rails.

I also ended up getting the Yakima full swing bike rack, and use a hitch cargo tray. I live on a steep incline. It can scarp the hitch cargo tray a bit.

A

Amir

when i bought my truck, i requested the dealer to throw in beige mattes instead of black and he gave me the beige ones with the rubber lip (black boarder around the matte). at the time of delivery i saw the mattes for the first time and they definitly didn't match and are a little darker. but the premium beige mattes (a bit darker too) look much much better and are much lighter in weight then the ones i got originally. the little darker shade doesn't look bad at all to me anymore (it kinda grows on you) and its better for keeping it looking not dirty. i had told the dealer before picking up these that i would wanna see them before buying them so he agreed. i just put them in yesterday and they look great seriously. they dont have the black border around them and the interiour now feels more luxurious. i will use the original beige set for winter time and stuff. i would suggest trying putting one of the premium beige mattes in your LR3 first to see how it feels to you. by the way i ended up negotiating the price with this dealer (paramus, nj, real nice guys) and he quoted me $170 for the mattes, but when i went to pick up the stuff he threw the mattes in for free :)

final costs:
bike rack: $417
hitch receiver: $325
cross bars: $234
loadspace matte: $119
premium beige mattes: $0

grommet, i could have ordered the stuff from the link you gave me but i ran out of time to have the stuff shipped before i leave, but i did use the pricing on that link to negotiate with the dealer, thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9