LR tent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tripp2112

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice or experience with the accessory tents for LR3?
Anyone selling one?

Thanks

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I considered picking one up at one point. I ended up going with a stand along Kodiak Canvas. Not much use being able to attach a tent, it's hard enough finding a flat spot when not attached to a vehicle.

I've seen them pup up on classifieds from time to time.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had mine for 9 years and it goes on every trip now. Didn't use it at first because I thought of it as a tent. But it's really a room extension and becomes my kitchen, changing room, etc so I can sleep in the truck. It has stood up to 30 mile winds in the desert when staked out and it's a great wind shelter.

2b73fa52717d7af6be72bf52420109c2.jpg

I don't think LR sells them anymore but Khyam in the UK still makes them and they will ship to the U.S. I think the cost will be around $700 or so depending on exchange rate. http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=201631&product=Tailgate XL Awning

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR tent or Khyam Awning isn't really a tent. Khyam calls it an awning for shelter. They do sell a ground cloth that has loops and pegs that connect to the bottom to create a floor. But it won't be sealed at the bottom like a true tent. There is a company that makes a vehicle tent that has a bottom but I can't recall the brand. I have a couple friends who have them and they are a PITA to assemble. My LR tent is up in two minutes and is a great shelter, but it's not a place to sleep unless you have a cot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM