pizza cutters...General Grabber ATx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueaz

Reaction score
Airing down to a psi in the low 20s from high 30s or 40s makes plenty of difference and gives plenty of benefit. In addition to increased traction, it just plain makes the ride more comfortable. If you're stuck in deep sand or gravel or trying to crawl over rock obstacles, then airing down all the way to single digits might be needed but I wouldn't advise driving for miles and miles over multiple days like that. Our off roading in Arizona can have you out for days at a time covering a hundred miles with lots of sections near highway speeds. I haven't aired down below about 18-20 psi in years. If my tires are spinning I just break out the winch or the maxtrax.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the tire width. At 20 psi, my 255/60R19 deflect quite a bit, enough that I'm not super keen try to go lower.

I guess it depends on the tire and how robust the sidewall is, wise choice without bead locks. In the video dropping to 20psi didn't increase tread contact patch much. When people say off-road I automatically default to a scenario where you are in 4 Lo not driving around off the pavement. Wouldn't bother airing down at all in that scenario.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This past weekend I aired down, and it made a noticeable difference in comfort on the trail I was driving. There were times I was in 4-Lo, but mostly because it made throttle modulation easier not because I was climbing anything particularly steep and needed the extra torque.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had good luck at 20 psi and this is my first off road capable vehicle. Never had anything else to compare it to.

I am going to try 15 psi the next time I’m off roading.
Our off roading in Arizona can have you out for days at a time covering a hundred miles with lots of sections near highway speeds.

Also being in AZ I agree with this. A lot of our trails are super mild but just washboarded roads that feel great at 20 psi compared to 40

Blueaz

Reaction score
I’ve had good luck at 20 psi and this is my first off road capable vehicle. Never had anything else to compare it to.

I am going to try 15 psi the next time I’m off roading.

Also being in AZ I agree with this. A lot of our trails are super mild but just washboarded roads that feel great at 20 psi compared to 40
Totally agree - a 20 psi difference is a game changer on the miles of washboards up to Crown King!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72