LR3 and bigger tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

H3at

does anyone know if i put bigger tires than the ones on it will it mess up the ride?

Not huge but just a couple sizes up(need better tread for offroading.

Meaning will it it damage something with the ride quality? will it degrade any parts?

Will i have problems with the Electronic Air Suspension?

D

discomike

You are better prepared to answer those questions since there are few out there yet.
I wouls suggest you go to a good tire shop that ypu trust and see what they say about up-sizing on the tires, they should beable to put it on a hoist and lokk to see how much extra clearance ther is to work with.
Ride quality will be fine if not better, clearance will be the issue.
If the LR3 is like the rest of the Rovers with air suspension, tire sze will not be an issue.
How much off roading do you see in you future? Look at the BFG's both MT's and All Terains and well as Good Years MTR's and the Birdgestone directional Duellers.
Good luck and have fun, let us know how the changes go.
Mike J.

M

mwillems

H3at said:
does anyone know if i put bigger tires than the ones on it will it mess up the ride?

The manual says noever to do this as it will interfere with performance, systems, center of gravity, etc. Of course that could be just legal; warnings but that's what it says.

M

D

disco1

There shouldn't be a problem with the electronic air suspension, but you could have problems finding tires to fit. What size tires are on it at the moment? The rim diameter if its over 18" could limit the tire selection as not many manufactures are up to 'speed' (I stand to be corrected by my North American collegues), with sports truck tires that are off road rated and you may find that the next size up may not fit.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this thread a joke, or some kind of test? Attack of the ding-dongs!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replying to a thread from over 14 months ago is even odder.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HA, I didn't notice the date sequence! I thought that 5 newbies all struck simultaneously!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635