LR3, AUX Input and iPod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bperkins, vehicles with the "base" 1 CD (non-CD changer) stereo system in most markets are not fitted with the AUX jack.

J

jcarlos

I´m afraid my LR3 doesn´t have that input. It should exist because it appear on the manual but my car doesn´t actually have that input.

Thanks Brad.

B

bperkins

Sorry guys, I was unaware that they were not fitted to all LR3's. As always....thanks for the help Grommet!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jcarlos

Thanks a lot grommet. I did what you told me and it works perfectly.

jcarlos

A

andrelee

I need a aux

Hi Jcarlos,

can you explain me how did you do it? I got a LR3 ( base) have no aux input........

Did you do it by yourself?

Andre Lee

J

jcarlos

Hi Andre,

I´ll try to help you. First of all , you have to remove the dashboard part covering the audio head unit. That´s quite easy, you just have to pull and easily it will be removed. Then you have to unscrew the audio head unit, the airconditioning control and the doors´ lock unit. This means 10 screws.
Now you have access to the rear part of the head unit where you can see two connectors.
The one on the left has four wires (black , red, blue and white). That is our connector. We have to connect the audio device output to the black=ground, blue=left and red=right. I did it by cutting the wires and putting two connectors but you also can weld them.
I hope this to be useful.

jcarlos

N

nkta

Alpine has a unit called VehicleHub that supposedly can be connected to the headunit and facilitates additional connections for Ipod, dvd, rear view camera and some other devices. Does anyone have experience with this Alpine unit?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alpine's Vehiclehub is just a standalone "controller" device with audio and video output. There is no real integration. (To use with LR3, you'd need to wire up the video output to the Navigation screen... probably using the expensive Nav-TV "tuner" hack.)

See the marketing: http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/leading_technology/leading_tech_vhub.htm

I know a few people with this in their vehicle. It has it's own wireless "remote" to navigate the UI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM