LR3 Diesel-US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chomondely

Reaction score
Any thoughts as to when the US might get a diesel LR3?
My 2006 LR3 V6 has 70k miles and I'm wondering if there is something to wait for. I have a 100k warranty so I'm not sure if I to drive beyond the warranty.
Thanks,

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No earlier than 2012MY in my murky crystal ball.

photodisco

Reaction score
Put me first in line...

i would take less horsepower anyday and have more low end grunt (ala DII)

Don't get me wrong the 4.4 engine is excellent and has definite advantages but i just like engines with more low end torque and that is my only complaint with the 4.4.
On the hwy it is magnificant.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel is a perfect match for off road vehicle.. no question about it..
There is more and more new generation diesel engine powered cars in US now days, not that many though..for the true adventure off roading can not beat it..one could find any fuel anywhere..
I had an occasion to drive the Disco 3 with Diesel in it in Poland and I have to tell you guys it drives like an old diesel it is pretty sluggish.. with a 3 ton rig LR3 really needs a better diesel yet then wiil be bigger will take more diesel fuel and again the tank will be to small etc etc
..can not have both worlds..we like the power and big engines , we can afford the rig we can afford the fuel cost I guess..would be nice yet that is what we have the gas stations are everywhere so we can fuel it up and fuel it up again...who cares

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it when the chaps on Disco3.co.uk complain about 35mpg in their TDiV6's

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can't someone just give us a 5.0 V8 with 400 HP and tons of low end that gets 40 MPG? Is that too much to ask? C'mon people! :wink:

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just in the UK and took the factory tour. Seemed like all the vehicles they use for the off road course are diesels. They put me in a RR with the TD V8- rated at just over 30 mpg highway! Smooth as silk too. Boy I would love to see LR bring the diesels here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM